Gotta Love It...

Gotta Love It...

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer is Here!





So we are off and running - as fast as possible - trying to keep up with everything going on this summer. I can't believe we are already looking at the middle of June. Wow how time flies! The girls are playing softball - it's a 7-9 year old league that is machine pitch. Both girls are playing on the same team and doing absolutely great! Brad couldn't be more proud of them and the way they are picking up on all the skills. They played their first game last week and won 11-2. Next game will be Thursday evening if anyone is interested! What a hoot! Moving on - Kaitlin has "Dance Camp" this weekend. She loves dance and thinks it is so cool to get to do some extra dancing this summer. Both girls are in swimming lessons this week and next. I know what you are thinking - could we squeeze anymore into these few weeks of summer. Oh - just wait - we can... Macie is meeting a couple times a week with one of our basketball coaches for some lessons. We couldn't find a good camp for her at this age so we felt this would be something for her instead of not doing anything. Her first lesson was Tuesday and it went great!! I am so excited for her. Both the girls love basketball - yes anyone who knows me knows that I am more than thrilled about that. Then Macie will have a volleyball camp in July. So I think we have most everything covered this summer and everything is strategically fit so we don't miss anything. Whew!

We are planning our summer vacation - North Dakota here we come. The girls are very excited to get to see their cousins. They keep asking if we can fly instead of drive because they don't want to be in the car that long. HA! Should be a very fun trip. So the pictures that are posted are of our Public Library summer kick off day. The girls stood in line to get face painting right after they signed up for the summer reading program. All is good - Kaitlin says she has to study for 1st grade and Macie is determined to help make sure she is ready.


I have had a busy week with school stuff and yesterday I was leaving for Topeka for a few days. Kaitlin was pretty upset about me leaving. So we were trying to comfort her when it finally came time that it was just time for me to go. Brad told Kaitlin that I had to go and everything would be fine, it was only a couple of days, so she just needed to stop crying and eat her supper. Macie turned to him and with the most honest face asked him: "Where did you go to daddy school? That isn't how you calm down a little kid who is upset?" I thought we were both going to die laughing. Where do kids come up with this stuff?

2 comments:

  1. Um, hello? We live in MINNESOTA! Big difference. Ask Brad. :-) We really hope it works out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Ok - sorry I am a central kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete