So there are only 3 more days until Macie and Kaitlin are officially out of school. Holy Cats! that means they will now be moving to 3rd grade and 1st grade. Is it really possible? Are my babies really getting this old? I won't even bring up how old this make me!!! They are so excited. Kaitlin has been helping move her current Kindergarten room to the "new" room. After the bond issue made it possible to add a new library and a new Kindergarten room among other improvements they are now going to be offering two rooms of all day Kindergarten next year. She feels like she "missed out" but has been pretty excited about helping set the new room up. In fact, on Friday evening it was after 11:00 p.m. (yes - parent of the year with quality bed times) and I told her she just had to go to sleep - she very confidently informed me she "had to keep studying for first grade!" They grow so fast! Now as for Macie - we already need a calender just for her events. If it isn't field trips, hanging out with her friends, or camps we are already running all over the place. She is changing so fast and really growing up. We spent Saturday running errands and doing a little shopping and it was honestly like hanging out with a totally different person. It is hard to believe she will be 8 years old in a little over a month.
Sorry - no great updated pictures yet. My plans are to take some of them on their last day of school and add them this weekend. I just had to share some thoughts tonight after I went to our graduation and thought about how long we would someday have to wait to hear their names called at the end of the alphabetic class list --
Yay! I'm your first follower! What do I win?! :-) And seriously - can we please make time stop? Just last night, I bought a shirt for Ella.....in the NON baby dept @ Walmart. SO not right. And 1st & 3rd grades. Yikes. You ARE old ;-)
ReplyDeleteTell the girls we love them & miss them....and you too! Wanna come up this summer AND T-giving??