So the latest with the girls...
Macie had state assessments for the first year in Reading and Math. We are so proud of how hard she worked. I was a bit concerned because she was so nervous and wanted to do soooo well that it became almost too stressful for her. However, in the end she "exceeded standards" in Reading and made "exemplary" in Math. We couldn't be more proud of her. She has improved so much this year and I can't believe how fast she is growing up. On July 9th my first baby is going to be 9 years old. Where has the time gone? She is looking forward to all the summer events - swimming lessons, basketball camps, and softball. It will be here before we know it.
Kaitlin just finished her 3rd dance recital. I never in a million years believed she would like dance this much. Macie decided she didn't like the tights so much that she decided not to finish dance this year. We let her "be done" at Christmas - before they started recital practice. Kaitlin was so excited for the recital - as you can see in her pictures. Her only complaint is that she only got to perform one dance this year. She is excited for summer dance camp, basketball camps, swimming lessons, and softball. She will be one busy girl this summer!! (I think I will be busy getting them to everything)

Way to go Macie! And seriously - NINE??? Oh my...that means you're OLD Shirley! :-) you're welcome.
ReplyDeleteKK - you must stop growing up! Maybe you can dance for us when we see you next!