Gotta Love It...

Gotta Love It...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

"I Don't Speak Cow"


Out of the mouths of babes...

We went out to the farm today because there were 4 new calves and the girls wanted to see them. It was so fun watching the girls and how they react to the "farm life". Of course they thought the cows were sooooo cute. Believe it or not they are dying to actually see one born. So as we are all standing there and the girls are trying to see how close they can get to one little calf (all while the mom is on the other side of the barbed wire fence) I told Macie to tell the "mom" that it would be ok they just wanted to pet her baby. And of course without thinking Macie turned around and said without pausing "but I don't speak cow". We both rolled. Where do they come up with these things so quickly.

Anyway there should be about 25 more calves born in the next 2 weeks so hopefully they will get to see one being born. I watch them out there and sometimes I think they would make great farm kids. Then I watch them walk through the field and try to miss all the steaming piles and really wonder how long they would make it. HA

No comments:

Post a Comment