Gotta Love It...

Gotta Love It...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A little slow...

Ok Ok Ok
So I am a little slow about posting. No good excuses. I have told several people (sorry family) that I was going to get some pictures posted soon and I just haven't done it. Well now I am posting updates about the family but I don't have my camera with me to download any pics. Sorry - guess those will follow soon - hopefully.

So what are the updates you ask - well...
The girls are doing great! School is going well, they still say their favorite thing is recess and some days lunch. But they are on a reading roll. How can that not be good? They do this program at school called AR (accelerated reading). Each 6 weeks Macie has a goal she has to meet. The goal is so many points. Each book is given a reading level and is worth a certain amount of points. Most easy books are .5 points and the more difficult and longer they get they are worth more. So Macie is reading some books up to 2 points now. Kaitlin tries to read some of the 1 point books and if she has a while she can do it - with a little help from mom, dad, grandma, etc. The trick is they don't just get the points they have to take a test and answer the questions about the book correctly. If they get all questions correct then they get the max amount of points. Well some days "we" don't understand the questions and don't always get all points possible. No problem! Anyway - Kaitlin doesn't have a goal yet - she is just reaching levels. She has over 13 total points so far and is at Ready Ready 2. Macie on the other hand has to get 8 points every 6 weeks. So they get on little missions where they read like crazy but they can only take the tests at school. Anyway - long story short - they are doing really well with reading and seem to be enjoying it.

Now for math. They get to do lots of different things for math skills. I have to brag - Kaitlin was the first one in her school to get Principal's Math Honor Roll. Each grade level has to do different things to receive the honor so I am sure I will be adding Macie before long. Macie was so proud of her sister when they announced Kaitlin's name over the announcements. And of course this made me proud.

We are getting ready for Halloween. This has been one of the easiest years costume wise. I will - I promise add some pictures of the girls in their outfits. I won't tell you what they are going to be so you can be surprised when I add the pictures. I heard that - surprised at what the girls are dressing up as - not surprised that I am actually adding pictures.

Haven't mentioned Brad and how can I leave him out! Well he is doing well - busy as always. He has been so patient and helpful with concession stands during football - what a guy!!! It is almost over so I think he is getting very very happy.

So stay tuned for the upcoming pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment